The City of Lancaster is accepting applications for the position of Water Utility Manager
Directs and coordinates all activities associated with the proper operations and maintenance of the City of Lancaster Water Bureau. Directs operations of all municipal water treatment plants, transmission and distribution systems, related facilities including, but not limited to, engineering, training, supervising, scheduling, operations, equipment maintenance, and making budgetary and staffing recommendations. This position requires thorough knowledge of the methods, policies, and procedures of the Public Works Department as they pertain to the performance of duties.
Education, Training and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Public Administration is required.
- At least eight (8) years’ experience in plant operations and maintenance of water treatment plant equipment, including two (2) years at the level of Chief Water Plant Operator or above or any equivalent combination of training and experience is required.
- Minimum of two (2) years shall be supervisory management experience where administrative responsibility is required.
Licenses and Certificates
- Possession of a valid Pennsylvania State Driver’s License is required.
- Possession of a Class “A” certificate with all subclasses required by the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection is required.
- Possession of a Class “E” certificate as required by the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection is preferred.
- Possession of a License as a Professional Engineer within the state of Pennsylvania or ability to obtain one through reciprocity from another state is preferred.
Full-Time; Excellent City benefit package
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The City Job Application and full job description are available at www.cityoflancasterpa.com/city-job-listings
The City of Lancaster is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Open to the Public
As of February 4, 2019