Are you an accounting professional who is excited about the opportunity to work for a community-focused organization?
North Penn Water Authority’s Finance Department is a team that works together to achieve goals and improve process in an environment structured to provide a balance of independent work and collaboration.
As a team member, you will enjoy a competitive starting wage and benefits package that includes 10 paid holidays, and accrual of Vacation and PTO days your first month of employment. If you are analytically minded with a strong attention to detail, apply today and join our deeply-rooted organization with an emphasis on employee skill development and overall satisfaction.
- Completes accounts payable duties including obtaining invoice approval, designating the proper account, entry in the financial software, and processing payments.
- Completes accounts receivable duties including accurate entry in the financial software of payments received from multiple sources.
- Records daily transactions, reconciling activity with supporting documentation.
- Researches and resolves discrepancies in general ledger accounts.
- Reconciles credit card accounts.
- Performs tasks related to the analysis and preparation of accounting related reports, and provides supporting documentation.
- Assists with the maintenance of physical and digital records, according to the record retention schedule.
Qualifications & Skills
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles.
- An accounting or related degree is preferred, but a combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Experience working in a municipal or government environment preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
- Exceptional time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient with MS Office suite and Enterprise Resource Planning software.
- Experience with MS Dynamics GP preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive starting rate
- 401(k) with company match
- Vacation and PTO starting the first year of employment
- 10 annual paid holidays
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Account
- Short-term, Long-term, Life and AD&D insurance
About North Penn Water Authority
Established in 1965, North Penn Water Authority (NPWA) is a municipally owned, nonprofit Authority with a dedicated, professional workforce committed to providing the community with a safe, reliable, and economical water supply. Our employees, many of whom are NPWA customers themselves, take pride in being able to provide this service to the community.
NPWA is an equal opportunity employer.
North Penn Water Authority
300 Forty Foot Road
Lansdale, PA 19446