Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority is accepting applications for Contract Specialist (Hybrid)
Contract Specialist (Hybrid)
1200 Penn Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15222, USA Req #121
Thursday, October 6, 2022
Under the supervision of the Senior Manager, Procurement, responsible for the procurement of materials and services, assisting in the preparation and execution of bid solicitations and contracts.
• Assure timely and accurate processing of procurement requests, develop and/or review specifications, prepare and execute informal and formal bid solicitations.
• Finalize agreements in collaboration with the customer and appropriate internal departments.
• Coordinate and facilitate pre-solicitation conferences, bid openings, and other related meetings.
• Analyze and evaluate responses to solicitations for conformance to procurement requirements and the Authority’s goals.
• Using best practice professional communication skills, prepare materials clearly and effectively, as well as communicate standard operating procedures and other information to internal and external audiences, customer groups, and management.
• Assist in the creation of process improvements throughout the supply chain.
• Perform other tasks as assigned or required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Ability to identify opportunities for process improvement and communicate ideas to leadership.
• Knowledge of standard public procurement guidelines.
• Must have strong analytical skills.
• Ability to organize thoughts and present them in a clear and logical manner, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to organize data, establish and maintain records, and prepare accurate reports and correspondence utilizing Microsoft Office products.
• Ability to multitask, prioritize, and work well with all personality types; establish and maintain cooperative and constructive working relationships with supervisors, associates, and the public.
• Work independently in absence of supervision; understand and carry out oral and written instruction.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
The following requirements list the minimum education/training/experience required to qualify for this job. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be accepted.
• Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, business, or a related field.
• One to three years of experience in procurement.
• Experience using purchasing functions within an ERP system such as Microsoft Dynamics GP, Oracle, and SAP.
• Applicant must present an up-to-date COVID-19 vaccination at the time of application or prior to commencement of work (subject to applicable law including the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 reasonable accommodation requirements).
• Applicant must present a current, valid Class C (Class 1) Motor Vehicle Operator’s License at the time of application or prior to appointment. A valid driver’s license must be maintained throughout employment.
• Applicant must have permanent residency in Allegheny County at time of appointment and remain a permanent resident throughout employment with the PWSA.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED / RECEIVED:
No direct reports / Will receive supervision directly from the Senior Manager, Procurement
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The physical demands consist of walking, climbing stairs, finger movements including fine dexterity and coordination, hearing conversation, seeing near and far, and speaking clearly.
• Frequently bending, stooping, repetitive leg and arm movements, lifting up to 25 lbs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to a moderate or quiet noise level in the office work environment. Subject to remain on duty beyond normal hours or during emergency situations or other extensive periods.
Employment may be contingent upon the results of a post-offer (initial employment or promotion) physical examination performed by the Authority’s examining physician.
Employment may be contingent upon the results of a post-offer (initial employment or promotion) drug screening. Continued employment may be subject to drug, and alcohol testing conducted without advance notice and without individualized suspicion.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION:
• Ability to successfully pass a thorough investigation consisting of a criminal history check, verification of prior employment and performance, reference, and credentials checks, and in some cases credit history.
• Applicants are subject to a System for Award Management (SAM) or any successor system search as maintained by the General Services Administration (GSA) to ensure compliance with federal procurement and non-procurement programs.
Applications: You may be considered for other available positions based on qualifications provided on your employment application. If you have questions regarding your application, please contact the Human Resources Department at:
PWSA Human Resources Department
1200 Penn Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
An Equal Opportunity Employer: The Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority (PWSA) is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on any legally protected statuses, including, but not limited to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, or veteran status. PWSA is committed to providing candidates with reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities during our recruiting process; if you need assistance, please contact us at [email protected] or 412-255-8800.
Position: Contract Specialist
Salary: $55,000 – $70,000
Application Deadline: Until Filled