North Penn Water Authority is seeking a detail-oriented individual, who demonstrates discipline, precision, and accuracy in their work. The successful applicant will take a technical approach to problem solving, possess a high level of organization, and have a determined approach in achieving results where quality is never compromised.
This position requires effective collaboration and planning with co-workers, municipal officials, and outside consultants and contractors.
The Engineering Supervisor is responsible for water system planning, asset management activities, water system analysis and prioritization, and collaboration on capital improvement project planning. The Supervisor leads the Infrastructure Improvement Program related to condition assessment of water mains in support of Operations and service level optimization.
- Supervision of the Project Engineer.
- Oversight of the Infrastructure Improvement Program from project development to project completion, including:
- Coordination with the Solicitor, Director, outside consultants, and potential bidders.
- Preparation of bid comparisons, project cost estimates, public bid documents, and reports for the Board of Directors.
- Completion of water main design, and providing engineering support as required.
- Obtaining Fire Marshall approval for all designs, and monitoring construction progress.
- Development and prioritization of Water Main Replacement Projects by working with municipal officials.
- Annually updating the Project Priority List as a planning tool to coordinate future work with our municipalities.
- Ongoing interaction with municipal officials to monitor changing situations and ensure that infrastructure needs are met and timed with local municipal infrastructure projects.
- Assistance in preparation of the Capital Budget by providing narratives, estimates and projected costs related to Main Improvement Project work. Providing quarterly projections for capital expenditures.
- Identification of cost sharing opportunities with joint municipal construction projects, seeking Solicitor input to develop Cost Sharing Agreements for Board of Director approval.
- Initiating new Main Extension numbers, and continually updating Project Status Sheets for Water Main Replacement Projects until project closeout.
- Managing and updating the Hydraulic Model to include database management, SOPs, scenario analysis, software updating, training, and long-term planning. Execution of strategic plans to improve model integration with SCADA and GIS.
- Providing support for system improvement feasibility studies such as system expansion, pressure and flow studies, leakage management, and other various special studies.
- Oversight of the Easement Maintenance Program, ensuring all easements in the NPWA service area are identified, properly maintained, and updated to GIS.
- Providing engineering support to the Director of Asset Management and Strategic Initiatives for the development and completion of 5 year updates to the NPWA Water Master Plan, utilized to develop the Infrastructure Capital Investment Plan.
- Conducting other tasks, as needed, in the performance of duties.
Qualifications and Licensure/Certification
- BS in Civil/Environmental Engineering or related Engineering discipline from an ABET-accredited institution with 8 years of similar experience
- PE License preferred, or acquired within 1 year of employment
- PMP certification preferred
Specialized Skills & Knowledge
- Basic principles and practices of engineering
- Proficiency with management and engineering of water distribution systems
- Familiarity with hydraulic modeling and hydraulics engineering
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Microsoft Windows Exchange Environment and Office Suite
- AutoCAD, Hydraulic modeling, and ArcGIS Pro software skills preferred
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive starting rate
- 401(k) with company match
- Vacation and PTO starting the first year of employment
- 10 annual paid holidays
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Savings Account and Dependent Care Account
- Short-term, Long-term, Life and AD&D insurance
About North Penn Water Authority
Established in 1965, North Penn Water Authority (NPWA) is a municipally owned, nonprofit Authority with a dedicated, professional workforce committed to providing the community with a safe, reliable, and economical water supply. Our employees, many of whom are NPWA customers themselves, take pride in being able to provide this service to the community. We look forward to the successful candidate joining our team.
North Penn Water Authority is an equal opportunity employer.