Senior Wastewater Scientist
Job Description-Senior Wastewater Scientist
The Material Matters team is growing! We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Wastewater Scientist to join our consulting team. This position will focus on providing innovative solutions to clients in the wastewater and water industries, with a focus on solving challenges associated with residuals production and management. Duties include developing the best approach to solving problems with technical assignments in accordance with state and federal regulations. Successful candidates must be able to work with limited supervision and have competencies with computer applications, including Excel, Word & electronic communications. This position reports directly to the Senior Project Manager.
- Identifies innovative solutions for municipal and industrial wastewater and water treatment facilities, specifically related to solids treatment and handling and residuals management.
- Visits wastewater treatment plants and, to a lesser extent beneficial use sites, to observe existing operations and identify challenges.
- Reviews, interprets, and understands state and federal environmental regulations, specifically those relating to biosolids, water treatment residuals, food processing residuals, and other residuals management
- Communicates with clients, regulators, peers, and other professionals.
- Prepares written reports and regulatory forms for submittal to regulatory agencies and clients.
- Assists clients with improving wastewater treatment operations and laboratory practices.
- Assists in business development, including identifying business opportunities and proposal development.
- Completes administrative tasks as timesheets, expense reports, and workload projections.
- Miscellaneous duties as needed
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES & REGISTRATIONS
- Obtains and maintains certified operator license
- Valid Driver’s License
Bachelor of Science Degree in Agricultural Engineering, Environmental Science, or related science field and a combination of 10 years of experience in wastewater treatment consulting or wastewater related experience.
Are you ready to join our team?
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Jade Triton at [email protected].
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Material Matters (MM) is a highly respected environmental consulting firm specializing in expertise with biosolids and residuals processing/management/use, wastewater treatment, data management, and regulations. Our mission is to enable our clients to accomplish innovative management solutions for their biosolids and residuals programs by providing leading edge, integrated professional services. MM is based in Elizabethtown, PA. We offer competitive benefits including health, disability, and 401k plan.
MM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.