ATTENTION PA OPERATORS: The One AWWA Operator Scholarship The One AWWA Operator Scholarship
The One AWWA Operator Scholarship is funded through the support of AWWA’s The Water Equation Campaign and the Pennsylvania AWWA Section.
PURPOSE of AWARD
AWWA’s The Water Equation Campaign and the Pennsylvania AWWA Section, will award the One AWWA Operator Scholarship in the amount of $1,000 for Water Operator training and education.
Scholarship award can be used for certification/licensure, two-year water related associate degree, technical school
program, professional training program, books and manuals, and operator related conferences.
Each scholarship recipient will receive a one-year AWWA Operator membership.
- Applicant must be a current water operator or seeking to enter the water operator
- Applicant must be pursuing an Operator’s License or Certification, two or four-year degree related to
the water operator profession, or professional development.
- Disbursement of the funds will be made directly by the Section to the financial office of recipient’s college, university, or technical
- Items related to books, manuals, conferences, professional development courses, and other eligible
expenses will be reimbursed to recipient upon presentation of eligible receipts.
- Applicant must reside or work within the geographical boundaries covered by the sponsoring
- Acceptance of scholarship constitutes permission to use recipient’s name and scholarship story for purpose of promotion.
Please submit the application to Don Hershey, PA-AWWA at [email protected] or fax to: 717-774-0288. The deadline is January 22, 2021. The scholarship(s) will be awarded at the 2021 PA-AWWA’s 73rd annual conference.