Capital Region Water has an exciting opportunity for a Water Treatment Operator to join our team! The Operator will perform a variety of duties to assure the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of CRW’s water production and filtration systems.
Job posting: March 26, 2020
Work involves but is not limited to the following:
- Operates and controls equipment and processes at The Dr. Robert E. Young Water Services Center and related facilities to control the processing of the water supply for distribution
- Monitors and reports all day-to-day operational and process data as well as any observed malfunctions and abnormalities.
- Observes variations in operating conditions and interprets meter and gauge reading and laboratory test results to determine process requirements.
- Measures, prepares, and adds any chemicals needed for the required treatment of the water supply for distribution and operates the equipment necessary to accomplish this task, including one-ton chlorine cylinders, ammonia feed systems and dry chemical feed systems.
- Remains alert and reacts appropriately to audio and/or visual alarms on vehicular equipment, gas detectors and other alarm systems.
- Collects water samples at specified points in the treatment process and performs the required laboratory analysis.
- Performs custodial, maintenance and preventive maintenance duties necessary for normal plant operations.
- Maintains regular, punctual and predictable attendance.
- Reports to work and remains at work in a productive condition, which includes not being under the influence or impaired by the use of alcohol and/or drugs.
- Establishes and maintains an effective working relationship with supervisors, co-workers and the general public.
- Completes all assignments in an efficient, consistent and timely manner.
- Employee must be able to lift 60lbs.
- May have to perform personnel rescue.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Water treatment courses or related education such as Water Treatment I and Water Treatment II
- A combination of skills, education and experience providing an equivalent background and a demonstrated ability to perform the duties and achieve certification of a water treatment facility operator.
- A valid PA Driver’s License, Class B or must obtain a valid PA CDL within 240 days of employment.
- Employee must pass Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection Water Operator Certification Examination for the appropriate class of the water treatment facility within 30 months after successful completion of their probationary period.
***MUST BE WILLING TO WORK 12 HOUR SHIFTS, 5PM-5AM AND EVERY OTHER WEEKEND***
Capital Region water is looking for dedicated, driven, and enthusiastic individuals to join our CReW. We are currently accepting resumes for Operator – Drinking Water.
CRW is committed to providing employees with ample opportunities to contribute, to lead, and be recognized as innovators, to look beyond barriers to provide solutions, to be challenged in what they do and enjoy doing it.
CRW is an Equal Opportunity Employer equal opportunity employer. Please visit www.capitalregionwater.com for more information about CRW and to apply.